Thursday, August 19, 2010

Alternate Poster #1

Well, I can't wait anymore. Now that the film is out there I wanted to share three posters that our distributor didn't end up going with in the end. All three give the film a completely different vibe and I'll be posting them one at a time over the next two weeks.

For the first one, below, there was just something so clean and simple. The tag line described the documentary perfectly and didn't try to make it into something that it wasn't. I also liked the sprawling message on the billboard, not only because it reminded me of "Save Ferris" on the watertower, but also because it was the first question on our mind.

2 comments:

  1. Just the billboard would have been enough.
    Now, sadly, we all know where John is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your amazing movie. will be reviewing it on my site (http://movierob.wordpress.com) and for the John Hughes Blogathon on the Cinema Parrot Disco blog (http://table9mutant.wordpress.com/) within the next week or two

    Sorry that he didn't agree to meet with you guys, but I think the journey itself says a lot about his influence on many of our generation and those before and after us (I'm 40).

    Keep up the great work!

    MovieRob (rob@movierob.net)

    ReplyDelete